Counselors and Staff
Our staff is made up of incredibly talented people who have skills, experience, and training in outdoor leadership, first-aid, lifeguarding, group building, and conflict resolution, as well as many talents to share: art, music, nature skills, drama, athletics, and more. Every person on staff is committed to giving campers the most positive, safe, fun, and growthful experience they can have this summer.
What do counselors do?
- Keep everyone safe by managing risk
- Play games and lead zany events
- Make up crazy songs
- Lead incredible trips
- Live in cabins with campers
- Make sure everyone is having fun
- Change lives and impact hearts
- Solve problems and mediate conflicts
- Support and scaffold growth
- Radiate unconditional love
- Facilitate an atmosphere of group empowerment
- Teach new skills and open doorways to ideas
- Offer reflective food for thought
- Protect the health and happiness of the community
- Comfort homesick or sad campers
- Serve as professional role models
- Embody the core values of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality and Service
Want to be a Counselor? Join the fun
Working at Camp Woolman is unlike any camp experience out there! We are unique because of our small size and wide range of activities on a day to day basis. As a counselor you get to lead trips, create random dance parties, swim with campers in the river, live in a cabin with the campers, help with chores, and really shape how the summer goes for the campers. At camp you are a role model, parent, friend, shoulder to cry on, ear for listening, chaperone, buddy, and most of all SUPERHERO! All counselors must be 18 or older.
Want to get your feet wet first? Check out our Counselor in Training Program for ages 17 and up.