Counselors and Staff
Our staff is made up of incredibly talented people who have skill, experience and training in outdoor leadership, first-aid, lifeguarding, group building, and conflict resolution, as well as many talents to share: art, music, nature skills, drama, athletics, and more. Every person on staff is committed to giving campers the most positive, safe, fun, and growthful experience they can have this summer.
Who's who in 2013?
Matt Furman - Director
Lucy Haynes - Assistant Director
Colleen Larsen - Program Director
Dante Broadbent - Wilderness Trip Quartermaster & Health Supervisor
Karisa Broadbent - Teen Leadership Director
Thomas Sheppard - Teen Counselor
Brianna Beyrooty - Teen Counselor
Mark Runyan - Counselor
Gavid Edgerton - Counselor
Brian Loo - Counselor
Aaron Cederberg - Counselor
Molly Hardesty-Moore - Counselor
Lillian Karl - Counselor
Shelby Abeles - Counselor
Rachel (Jesze) Bond - Counselor
What do counselors do?
- Keep everyone safe by managing risk
- Play games and lead zany events
- Make up crazy songs
- Lead incredible trips
- Live in cabins with campers
- Make sure everyone is having fun.
- Change lives and impact hearts
- Solve problems and mediate conflicts
- Support and scaffold growth
- Radiate unconditional love
- Facilitate an atmosphere of group empowerment
- Teach new skills and open doorways to ideas
- Offer reflective food for thought
- Protect the health and happiness of the community
- Comfort homesick or sad campers
- Serve as professional role models
- Embody the core values of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality and Service
Want to be a Counselor? Join the fun
Working at Woolman camps is unlike any camp experience out there! Our camps are unique because of their small size and wide range of activities on a day to day basis. As a counselor you get to lead trips, create random dance parties, swim with campers in the river, live in a cabin with the campers, help with chores, and really shape how the summer goes for the campers! We hire the best staff for the best summers! At camp you are a role model, parent, friend, shoulder to cry on, ear for listening, chaperone, buddy, and most of all SUPERHERO! All counselors must have either Wilderness First Aid or Lifeguard certification to apply and be over the age of 18.
Want to get your feet wet first? Check out our Counselor in Training Program for ages 17 and up.